The River Vale Volunteer Fire Department is providing this section as an important resource to the community. Fire Safety is an important subject and we will be updating this information on an ongoing basis.
Each year in America, more than 150 people die from accidental non-fire related CO poisoning associated with consumer products. These products include faulty, improperly-used or incorrectly-vented fuel-burning appliances such as furnaces, stoves, water heaters and fireplaces. Source: Consumer Product Safety Commission
Please make sure you have at least one smoke detector per floor and best to have one outside of the bedrooms. Batteries should be checked each year. We suggest a reminder such as Fire Prevention week to make sure you have fresh batteries in all smoke detectors